PRESENT; Co-Presidents & six members
- ISEA recommends not beginning negotiations until March 13, they will send a representative to help
- Only thing new laws truly allow us to negotiate are base salary
- If Board & Administration are amenable, there is a list of items legally negotiable (see previous post with memos from ISEA) such as sick days and leave days, etc.
- Possibility that Some things in the previous contract, including insurance may be copied into Faculty handbook as Board Policy.
- Preferably we could begin negotiations for things other than insurance in December. Previous years the Board has wanted to wait until insurance quote is available before beginning.
- NEW RE; Re-certification- all certified faculty members will be able to vote for who they want (not NEA members) to represent them on negotiation team. So-called “union-busting clause.”
- Moving & adjusting 3 Make-Up days (Snow & Comp) from optional PD to mandatory PD.
- Concern about morale if early out revoked on P/T Conf days or duty-free lunches are revoked. Should language be added to contract about this?